My reason for starting this blog and leaving my old profession was because I felt that our quality of life was lacking and for some time now I have been having trouble with the idea of Steph and I not being able to buy a house. So this issue got me thinking again about the whole quality-quantity of life issue and this seems to be a good jumping off point to present another perspective on this.
To Steph and I, quality of life is simply having time to do the things that matter to us:
- Building a profitable, but service oriented business serving stamp collectors;
- Contributing to the field of stamp knowledge by writing blogs about stamps;
- I am writing a book about life from the perspective of someone on the autism spectrum;
- Steph having time to pursue her interest in comedy;
- Spending time with those we care about and being involved in their lives;
- Having time to spend loving our two cats;
- Spending time in nature;
- Being creative in various other ways;
- Spending quality time together.