Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2015

My Largest Sale Ever and My Facebook Page Pristine Canadian and British West African Stamps is Launched!

November is off to an amazing start! Sales are already approaching the $2,000 mark for the month after only 5 days. This is largely due to the sale of a fantastic stamp to a local Ontario collector:


This is the 20c olive green from the 1898-1902 Numeral issue. It was issued on December 24, 1900 and a mere 540,000 stamps were printed and issued. This pristine, never-hinged example was in my store for all of about 5 weeks before it sold for $1,250 US against my asking price of $1,500. The buyer was a repeat customer who had purchased from me about six months ago. This is an excellent sign as it shows that I can sell the expensive stamps as well as the cheaper ones. 

Pristine Canadian Stamps on Facebook is Launched!

I have been struggling for a while to figure out how to automate the sharing of my blog posts with groups on Facebook for a while. It seems that none of the automated sharing tools like Hootsuite allow you to automatically post content to multiple Facebook groups. I guess it makes sense: it is to prevent such a large volume of spam from choking up the newsfeeds of those groups. But sharing my posts manually to each and every group is very time consuming. However, I think I may have come up with a solution: I launched a Facebook page:


I then shared all of my blog posts with this page, so that they are all now accessible on my timeline. This makes it very easy for visitors to find the posts they want to read. I find navigating the posts on Blogger to be a pain in the neck. This hopefully should make it easier to find the posts viewers want to read.

Once this was done, I invited all 3,000+ friends on my Facebook page to like the page. So far, I have 38 likes and I have seen the traffic on my blog double this morning. Another great thing about the pages on Facebook is they give you quick tracking of how many people have been reached by your posts, how many engaged, how many responded to your call to action and how many website clicks you had. So the goal has now shifted towards trying to make friends in these groups and then sharing the page with them. We'll see how this works.

In the meantime, I have signed up for Mail Chimp and Hootsuite because I do think that I can still benefit from the automated sharing of messages that these programs provide and I do think that it makes sense to start designing an e-mail marketing campaign. It does appear though, that I will need to start obtaining explicit permission from my customers to add them to my mailing list.

Well I'm off to go finish listing the 1953-1967 Karsh Issue of Canada as I want to try to complete the listings by the end of today, so that I can start on the next set on Tuesday next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment